Pricing of the ICT services and products
Pricing of the ICT services and products of the 3 major companies in Egypt is presented in ANNEX I. All prices are provided in national Egypt currency Egyptian pound. 1 Egyptian Pound equals 0.052 Euro.
The other substantial impediment to internet penetration and development in the country is pricing. Egypt ranked 62nd out of 64 countries assessed for pricing in the Ookla 2014 Net Index. According to the study, the average cost of internet per MB ps is $16.83 in Egypt, in comparison to a global average of $5.58, a situation which prompted calls from consumers for cheaper internet prices and better quality and led to attempts by the government to address the situation in 2015.
This is our sixth post from series about analysis of Egypt IT/ICT market. Stay tuned for more or subscribe to our mailing list. Here is a plan of our posts in this series:
- ICT sector in Egypt
- Market characteristics of the ICT sector in Egypt and main consumers
- ICT services and products in Egypt
- ICT services and products: supply and demand (current situation and prognosis)
- Main competitors of the ICT market (companies and short description of the activities)
- The pricing of the ICT services and products
- Main premises of the entrance to the market (legal, financial, infrastructure, cultural)
- SWOT analysis of the ICT sector in Egypt
- Doing ICT business in Egypt and start-up’s communities
- Powerpoint presentation (all topics included + more)